Friday, September 14, 2012

Backpacking Through Germany


Alexandria (left) and a friend in Rothenburg

Alexandria Levy (student at Austin College):
"I have always felt a strong link to Germany. When I was 8 years old my family took a trip to Bavaria because it was where our Jewish family was from and I felt an immediate connection to the land and people. Everywhere was welcoming and full of rich history; I knew right away that I had to return to Germany on my own. The summer before I started college I had my chance: I was able to backpack through Germany for two and a half weeks. It was the most incredible experience of my life, every little town had something amazing to offer, some story that had to be told. I learned so much about myself and where my family came from that I now know Germany is where I’m meant to live."

No comments:

Post a Comment