Thursday, September 27, 2012

Finding a Language



Christopher Stein (student at Austin College): "Ever since I can remember, everyone I've ever met until I attended college has asked whether or not I was German. Unfortunately I was not born in Germany. After talking with multiple relatives I found I do have some German ancestors.  After my freshman year of college, a friend from soccer, who speaks German pretty well, told me I should look into it. I had just finished up my language credits by taking Spanish. With a last name like Stein I felt the need to poke my head into the German language and take a look around. Despite having already finished my language credits, I took German just for fun. After the first semester I loved it and by my sophomore year I declared German as my minor. After two years of studying German I've come a long way. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to travel to Germany but hopefully in the future I will be able to."

No comments:

Post a Comment