Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Studying in Berlin



Matthew Moore (student at Austin College): 
"I studied in Germany last fall in Berlin. It was a fantastic experience and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I was able to meet many Germans as I lived with two German students who were my age. I was actually able to find out some of the impressions that many young Germans have of the U.S.  While the people I met disagreed with many of our politics and political views as a nation, they had a positive impression. Students especially were welcomed in that they were there learning the culture and language trying to find out more about another culture, which is far less common than it should be. Apart from a few people I met, everyone was very welcoming and as a whole Berlin and Germany had some of the friendliest people I have ever met and they were extremely nice and welcoming to American students and other cultures in general."

No comments:

Post a Comment